Yes, I have been busy.
In early 2005 I knit a Ribby Cardi and got as far as knitting, blocking and seaming the back, fronts, and sleeves - nearly finished right? We'll at that time, I tried it on and it was too small - curses! So I threw the Ribby Cardi carcass into the recesses of my craft closet.
Recently I have been on The Great Declutter quest and in the process tackled my craft closet where I found the Ribby Cardi sitting forlornly. Well, I quickly knit the collar and zipper facings and then had the zipper installed. 'Tis finished, and it now fits, but doesn't look too good - meh! Too short in the torso and arms - not sure if I want to do any creative blocking...
I also finished a Decidedly Different Scarf. This is the Curlicue Ruffle Scarf from Stitch Diva Studios. Don't let the cast on of 60 stitches and knit 11 rows lull you into thinking this is a quick knit. On the contrary, after so many knitting in the fronts and backs, this little number ends up with over 1200 stitches on the last row! This is the second one I've knit and I forgot after the first one, that I would have like it to be longer. Needless to say, I did not cast on the additional stitches and I, once again, have a cool scarf that is just a tad too short for my liking.
Here's a pic of my kids at the homecoming dance a couple of weeks ago. They're growing up!